Thursday, July 8, 2010

summer clothes

OK, so I call Janet up and ask her what she is wearing.  It's about a million degrees here in New York, all my fans are still packed away in my mother's basement and I am melting.

"Hey, Janet what are you wearing today?"

"Capris, Annie, I have to work today".

"Oh"

I have put a few pounds on since I have moved home.  Going from milking cows 7 days a week to being a house wife is going to take some major adjustment.

"Hey, do they still make those stretchy black shorts?"

"Yeah Anne, if you are a biker, are you a biker?"

silence

"No".

"Anne, those shorts are from the "Flash Dance Era, they aren't in style anymore."

"Yeah, but they will suck in my  stomach Janet"

"Anne, at this point in our lives there is nothing that will suck in our stomachs, just cut off some of your old jeans and go with the flow".

I went to the closet, picked out some jeans and went to search for the scissors.  How short do I cut these babies? At 45, is there a legal limit to the length of your shorts?  

I remember a day when I used to cut them at an angle, making sure they had a rip of some sort in the rear end, just big enough to show some lace on my panties.  I thought I was Daisy Duke.  That was 20 years ago.  

I cut them just above the knee, like someones Grandma would do.  I tried them on . Yep, I looked like someone's Grandma.  I took them off and cut a little bit more off the bottom.  I put them back on.  Now they looked more like something my Grandpa would wear.

I left them alone.


I guess I have entered the "Grandma shorts zone".

Crap.

Talk later,

Annie

No comments: