Sunday, October 4, 2009

Anne: on wasting Food

Ok i grew up in the seventies when we really didnt waste food. Now i love the school systems please dont get me wrong but there are a few things that need fine tuning. One day my daughter came home with a note that her teacher wanted to have a conference with me so like an idiot i went. The teacher asked me if there was a "problem" at home, and I replied "not that a million dollars cant solve. Why?"

Well, it seems that your daughter takes her snack home in her backpack if she doesnt eat the whole thing and this is against school policy. I sat there silent for a minute and answered "Why the hell cant the kid take home her snack?"

"We just dont do that here Anne" was the reply.

"Why the hell not" was my reply i could feel myself talking louder as i usually do in my best Aunt Tillie voice.

" Do you have enough food at home" the teacher asked?
"Well i guess so , what in the hell does this have to do with her bringing home her snack?"
It is against school policy to take food from the school. she replied.

Well Mrs Blah Blah "We DONT waste food in our house and i am sure she is taking it home to share with her sisters. A long silence from the teacher "What are we going to do about this?" the teacher replies?|

"Not a damn thing " says loud mouth Anne

If she is not allowed to take her leftover snack home from now on i guess i will have to talk to someone about this hmmmmmm maybe the dam superintendant what the hell.

So..........every day my daughter brings home her snack she has left over. Moral of the story. Wasting food is BULLSHIT

No comments: