Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Got Milk? Got Money?


I got some emails and phone calls telling me i should explain the price of milk and how we are we are paid for it.

I have no idea who in the hell sets the price, but it sure as hell isn't a dairy farmer i can tell you that right now.

I am hearing farmers out there saying they are getting any where from 9 dollars to 12 dollars for their milk. This means 9 dollars for 100 pounds of milk

NOT 9 dollars for a GALLON of milk

I also am told my my colleagues, many of them are alot smarter than I am, that is cost any where from 16 dollars to 19 dollars per hundred weight to make the milk.


Ok Mr Kayes take me back to Business Class at Springville G.I.

Where in the hell is the profit out of that? O.K. yeah i didn't always pay attention is business class, was usually too busy talking, but for some reason farms are going out of business left and right. In Colorado last month 6 large farms went out and filed total bankruptcy and these are very large farms with 2000 cows a piece.

I am sure Mr Kayes and I could see eye to eye on this subject. Maybe i should take my checkbook to out old High School and plop it down on the teacher's desk and bring in my wheelbarrow full of bills and tell him "Hey, balance this checkbook, oh yeah and pay all these bills before you do it."

For one thing I would get tossed out cause wheelbarrows arent allowed in school, and they wouldn't be able to do it. So why the hell are we supposed to have to do it?

Common sense tells me:::::last year at this time we were getting around 100 dollars for a bull calf. We don't raise the bulls only the heifers. Now we get about 5 bucks for them. This is the money alot of Dairy wives use to buy groceries with. What in the hell can you buy with 5 bucks? I never go out to dinner, but I am told veal is pretty pricey in a restaurant. How many of those veal dinners do they get out of a calf?

Who the hell is kidding who people?

You mean to tell me no one is drinking milk or eating meat anymore? The school doesn't serve milk with their lunches? No one eats ice cream, yogurt, uses cottage cheese or any dairy products? Not a damn soul put butter on anything?

OH BULLSHIT

I know, I know , my mouth.
Oh Well.
"Don't rock the boat , Anne".
"Don't make waves, Anne"

Well I am not rocking the boat people, This Boat is sinking along with alot of other farm "boats".

This is a very serious situation out there. I try to be funny and write funny stuff on here. I started this blog to show people how a farmer lives from day to day, I hope i don't have to write it from a cardboard box or a homeless shelter for God's sake.

I have no idea yet how to "cut and paste" but when i do, watch out, I am trying to hook my printer up that was donated to me by a dear friend. When i do I will put some shit on here to back up my mouth just like I did when i went back and put the tattoo picture of my daughters foot on here (By the way, yes it's the top of her foot Becky) very funny email you silly girl!!

OK enough cranky talk, just wanted you all to know something has to be done and i mean NOW. If people want to buy all their food from other countries i guess thats fine with me. When everyone is sick from buying something that wasn't clean don't come crying to me. "Oh Anne"
Oh, i guess no one read what happend with the baby formula in China? Oh that's ok don't read that stuff just go straight to "Kate and 8" now that's so much more important. When her kids get sick from foreign food on that stupid show, then people might wake up.

enough said.

xoxoxo
Annie


No comments: