Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Another Chicki Licks story

Ok while i am on the Dixie Chicks, i have to tell you about my father in law, he is a hoot and a half.

We were out one night with him, there was 3 of us girls and him. None of us even resembles the Dixie Chicks but everyone has a right to have a dream now, don't we.

After about a million beers he yells over the the bar tender"Hey pal, do ya got The Chicki Licks on that thar juke box?"

"Lar, it's the Dixie Chicks"

"Whatever" do ya got em?"
"Suppose so"
This was along time ago, way before Kareoke.I guess i can gauge the years because I must not have had my second batch of kids yet. Since their birth ,I haven"t seen the inside of a bar.

Of course we all got up to the bar and had to sing that song about the dead guy. Funny to some, not so funny to others, you know "The Earl" song.

"Good imagination ladies", I heard someone say"
"Hey that's the girl from the auction barn", I heard another one say, she REALLY can hold a calf up in her arms, "

"Stay away from her !"I heard another one say "Anyone that can really hold up a calf like that picture over at Fosses is not someone you want to marry.

Geez guys you are no fun.

No comments: