Friday, October 9, 2009

Another phone call


A friend of mine called from Horse Heads New York yesterday. He also has a dairy farm and he calls about once every three months. He is British and speaks with one of those cool British accents.

"Hello Anne how have you been"

"good Robert how about you?"

"good, Anne"

"What have you been up to?'
I replied
"Nothing"
"Where do you go?"
"Nowhere"
"Who do you see?"
"No one".

"Anne that is not very bloody healthy you know"

They say bloody alot, I have no idea why.

"I am writing a blog Robert"
"A what?"
"a blog"
long pause
"You better get a life girl, you are gonna go crazy living out there in the middle of nowhere, not seeing anyone, not doing anything."
"I will call you in a few months" "Miss ya, "
click.

He is right I probably am going crazy living here in the middle of nowhere. It is really not me at all. I am a people person a talker not a loner.
Maybe i will have to venture into Lakewood tomarrow for supplies -you know (hamhocks and guitar strings), stop by and visit with Aunt Bea and have a cup of coffee with Gomer Pyle.
What is he so worried about, I have plenty of people to see out here.
gotta go.

Does anyone know where I put my lithium?

No comments: