Thursday, October 8, 2009

A great idea


My mom called the other day and we were talking about the price of milk. "It's practically illegal what they are doing", she said "paying you guys prices from 20 years ago for your milk, Anne you have to do something about it!!"
"Get yourself in the paper somehow girl- front page preferably don't go down quietly". hang up --silence.

HMMMmmmmm
I thought about this for a couple of days.

Tim was reading his stupid news on the computer and he always yells over to me when i am making supper "Hey look at this " It's usually something i really couldn't give a rats ass about so i try to look interested. "Oh yeah hon, that's very interesting" is my usual reply. I never even look at the screen.

But this time something caught my eye. Naked people. " Holy crap what is that?" I said . "Oh those crazy PETA people protesting against fur coats. They had a demonstration the other day and they all walked down the street naked to protest fur. I tried to see the screen now. Hmmmmm interested i said to myself very interesting.
The next day i called one of my fellow female dairy producers "Hey Val, I got a great idea , saw it on the computer last night"
"Oh yeah Anne, what now?"
"Well these PETA girls were protesting fur coats and they walked down the street naked, i think we can do it to protest the price of milk. We can go to the Milk CO-OP tomarrow and run around the parking lot naked with signs around our necks."
OH my God Anne have you seen those women ?" was her reply.
"yeah i guess so , why"
For crying out loud Anne they look like Cindy Crawford of course they are getting attention.
"You mean i dont look like Cindy Crawford"?

long pause

"No, Anne you don't"

"Really?"

short pause
"no, really"
"what if i draw a mole on my face?
"not gonna work"
"Anne to be honest with you instead of looking like Cindy Crawford and Julia Roberts we would look more like Rosanne Barr and Rosie O'Donnell."
"Hey i gotta go there is a cow in the road"

crap
double crap

I will have to find another plan

No comments: