Friday, October 9, 2009

The Tattoo


I really don't like tattoos i think i am the only living person without one. That's ok. When i see old men with black sploches on their arms that were once "tattoos" i think "Now that's cool"

NOT

The other day i saw a picture that my daughter took it was of someones foot with a tattoo that said Mama. I looked closer and my God it was HER foot, not just any old foot but HER foot. I immediately called Janler on the phone.

"i just saw the coolest thing in the whole world" I told her.

"Oh yeah, what now Anne?"
"My daughter has a tattoo"

"You hate tattoos"

"Yeah i do but this one says "Mama".

Long pause
"So"
"What do ya mean? So? Can you hear me it says "Mama"
"Anne you hate tattoos, I think the bird is loose again i gotta go".

I sat there silently for a minute just the fact that she would put Mama on anything thrilled me.
I called her on the phone
"So, ummm well when did you get a tattoo?"
"Don't have any ma"

silence
"I saw a picture of your foot with a mama tattoo on it."
"Oh Ma that was just a magic marker you are so weird".

hang up .
Well for just a fleeting moment i was in my Mama glory thinking that my kid got a tattoo with "Mama" on it.

No comments: