Sunday, October 4, 2009

I have decided to post to this Blog in between loads of laundry so i can accomplish two things!!! Yahoo. Ok enough of the somber talk. I also like to have alot of fun here on this el rancho farmo (thats Anne talk) I have worked with Mexicans now on and off for 11 years and am quite fluent in Spanglish. Not really i know about 20 word 3 of them are swear words. I have learned just enough to get my point across. I am called the Patrona which means boss lady --cool huh? i liked it. We are still farming because we really LIKE it believe it or not. I am not from a dairy farm originally and in past lives i have worked other jobs but always seem to come back to the farm life. I have been a waitress, factory worker, Pharmacy Tech and all sorts of cool things. Oh yeah i had a house cleaning business once too that was awesome. I have never been afraid of work that's for sure- kinda like it actually. I would like to show folks out there what its like on a dairy farm and maybe i will try to get off this place once in a while and do some interviews with other folk in other forms of Agriculture too!! We are all having a rough time of it now. I manage to slip in alot of fun here too even though we dont have much money. You are only here for a short time so i figure we might as well make the best of it. I wake my kids up to Harry Belafonte the bananna song every morning yeah you know the one from Beetlejuice. Once of my favorite movies of all time i must say. Oh the 80's they were some good years!! Had my Alf doll til last year when i sold him on Ebay for 20 bucks. Any way yes it can be fun here if they would only pay us for our products. Folks, you have to buy American made whenever possible.

I have a "man on the scene" her name is April. She is one of my best friends and she is trying to buy all American made food and having a hell of a time doing it i must say. I will give you her weekly reports from Cheektavegas as i get them. ok signing off for a bit have to change loads.

No comments: