Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Best Friends

I got a nasty call yesterday from someone who must have read this. Holy crap I thought "YAHOO if they are making nasty comments then they are at least reading this !!!"
My friend Grace calls to tell me she is my "best friend" and i am saying that another individual is my "best friend". cool, no lawsuits no calls from the church saying the kids can't go there any more just Grace as usual my vocal Grace.

I think we all have best friends in different points of our lives. Grace and i have been friends since we were five so i have dubbed her my bestest oldest friend she's not the "oldest" but in my simple mind she's the "oldest" are ya with me so far?

I have another friend who is my bestest phone talker friend. She used to date my ex brother in law and i was married at the time. We both woke up eventually and realized these guys were a little strange. I got divorced she moved on. But through it all WE still remained friends. We call each other at least once if not 10 times a day for the past 15 years i think. We tried to figure out the time frame but things get fuzzy somewhere in between living in the trailer park and moving cows a million times. We both have moved a bunch and have changed phone numbers. The first thing we both do is make sure we have unlimited long distance where ever we live. "What in the hell do you talk about" you might ask.

Just crap

Crap like husbands, kids, dogs, death,food,cows(not much cow talk),crafts,that universe stuff, painting cabinets, repainting cabinets, you know important stuff.

Tim has gotten used to it down thru the years. Doesn't even raise an eyebrow anymore to a quick call "Hey what ya doin"? Silence on the other end. "What did Janler want?" "I don't know"
"What in the hell did she say" "
"Nothing"
"Why not"
"Don't know"
later i get another call "how's it going? sorry i had to hang up i couldnt find my bird he flew out of his cage whew that was a close call."

"Cool" "Hey the kids are quiet let me call you back" slam down phone.

Tim just sits there now reading his newspaper with his broken dollar store glasses. Never raises an eyebrow Never asks what we are talking about. He has gotten used to it.

I hope i can save up enough money for my retirement in Jenny B. to have a phone with long distance.

No comments: